KDE locking up

Tom Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Aug 28 07:33:02 UTC 2004

First.. What version of Fedora Core?  1?  2?  3-T1?

What hardware?  A Laptop?
You on a dual proc?  Running a P4 maybe?

Might want to (from the grub menu) hit "A" (for append) and then try a
combination of these
" noapic nopcmcia nofb 3"

(leave the "3" in there with which ever other options you use, and you'll boot
into runlevel 3 (text only))

then <ENTER> to boot.

(most of this from page 31 of the new "Linux Troubleshooting Bible")

That should at least help get you up and running from the command line... then
use the text login (as root) to do an "up2date --nox -u" from the command
line and get your system updated & patched.

I've really gone to far given the amount of info you provided.. so I'll just
stop there for now until you can give us a bit more to go on...

Tweeks