desktop backgrounds [was Re: Fedora-desktop-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 23]

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 07:51:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 08:30, Angela Kahealani wrote:
> On Sunday 2004-08-29 21:17, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > It makes me sick. It uses both a MacOS Trademarked Logo,
> > > and names the disk drives as per WinDOwS.
> >
> > 	You're referring to the icons on the desktop, not the desktop
> > background which Rubi was looking for comments on.
>
> I looked at what he sent to us.

	... and ignored what he specifically asked for comments on.

> > 	Please keep rants like this to yourself.
>
> He said: "could you guys give a comment". I did.
> It's off topic. Artwork is NOT Fedora specific.
> Keep OFF-TOPIC e-mail out of my Fedora mailing list subscription!

	Excuse me?

 [markmc at blaa markmc]$ rpm -q redhat-artwork
 redhat-artwork-0.98-1
 [markmc at blaa markmc]$ rpm -qf /usr/share/backgrounds/images/default.png
 desktop-backgrounds-basic-2.0-21

	Fedora has its own artwork, Rubi suggested a new desktop background,
you ranted about the icons on his desktop.

Good Luck,
Mark.