GTK clipboard problems

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Wed Dec 1 16:25:08 UTC 2004

ons, 01.12.2004 kl. 09.28 skrev Warren Togami:
> Since around RH7.3, I remember gtk2 applications would sometimes be
> unable to copy & paste between each other after long runtimes within a
> GNOME session.  Sometimes it would take a week of using GNOME without
> relogging for this problem to manifest.  Copying from GTK2 to kedit and
> back to GTK2 would work, but not GTK2 to GTK2.  Select and middle-click
> would also fail.  Then *something* else I do on the desktop makes the
> behavior go away, and clipboard begins working properly again.
>
> Today using FC3, I this problem still exists today.
>
> Do other people experience this problem?
>
> Is anyone aware of an upstream bug tracking this issue that has more
> substance than my useless description above?

I heard a friend mention something like this as well - and he also dug
out some information that the X clipboard isn't really copy-paste - its
select-paste. He discovered it after selecting a bunch of text, hitting
control+c, closing the program, and hitting control+v.

Turns out, closing the program wasn't such a good idea.