[fedora] Re: [mail] Re: Kernel issues

M. borg at chello.nl
Mon Dec 27 21:44:48 UTC 2004

> Without the file, GRUB would refuse to boot. So, search differently.
> In GRUB menu, enter the GRUB command-line mode and use "find
/boot/grub/grub.conf"
> and "find /grub/grub.conf". What do you get?

This is interesting. In grub the first command returns, "Error 15: File not
found". The second command does return something more useful,
"(hd1,0) (hd2,0)".

I had one hard disk when I did the original install of Linux and later I
placed another disk in my computer -- to date I have not been able to use
this second disk for anything (well, that is to say it's generating heat but
so is the central heating system in my home :-) ).

> After booting, what do you get for "rpm --query grub"?
>
> Are you sure you installed GRUB and not LILO?

The rpm query returns, "grub0-.95-3". And yes, I am 100% certain my box is
running grub and not LILO (I verified it during the latest boot).