Help Required

Moreshwar Salpekar moreshwars at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 17:00:38 UTC 2004

Dear All,
Thanks a lot to all of you who helped me to get FC 2 on my PC. Now my PC is
working fine except with two problems which I mention below:
1. How to get my motherboard drivers installed on to my PC?
2. I have a PCI modem on my PC. I could not get a driver on web for it (SM56
from Motorola). I wanted to write my own driver for it but problem is that
both KDevelop and gcc do not pick up the header files in /usr/include/pci
directory. both of them are picking up files in only /usr/include/linux. How
do I get them to include the directories above the linux directory
(/usr/include/linux)? If I put the full path of pci.h (.i.e
/usr/include/pci/pci.h) it cannot find files included within pci.h.
3. Another thing is that the pci.h within /usr/include/linux does not
contain anything that is required for building PCI drivers for desktops. why
has everything been moved from this file to /usr/include/pci/pci.h. If the
intended move is correct why do  KDevelop and gcc do not lookup the correct
path?
4. printk does not support KERN_ALERT. It is simply not defined?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Regards
Moreshwar Salpekar