[mail] Re: Kernel issues

Frank smith fsmith at web-links.net
Sun Dec 26 16:28:36 UTC 2004

Hi
Just have a look in:
/boot/grub/grub.conf
 and the top kerna showing should boot.

You will need to be root to change this.

Here is mine:
boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.9-1.681_FC3)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.681_FC3 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb
quiet
	initrd /initrd-2.6.9-1.681_FC3.img
title Fedora Core (2.6.9-1.667)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
	initrd /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img

I assume you are using grub.
cheers
Bob