[mail] Re: Kernel issues

Steve Thacker w5set at alltel.net
Sun Dec 26 20:15:36 UTC 2004

Are you using RedHat update? If so, check the "Ignored" section if it
shows up. It could be that it is there, if so uncheck the box/move
it--etc..... just once I did a Kernel update and it didn't install.
Didn't worry about it as in a day there was a different version that was
availible and it installed just fine on my webserver. Why, I never
figured out..........one of the mysteries of Linux?? hi-hi
    Every day is a new learning experience for me, I  have only been
running the newer versions of Linux for about 8 months (trials of
mandrake, gentoo, Debian, Fedora Core 2/3, FreeBSD(too full of cracker
tools), but my experience with computers/networking goes back into the
early 80's, and the original experience of early Linux kind of turned me
off of Linux for 10 years. GUI's are nice, easy to play with, and lots
easier to setup networking/firewalls/playgrounds in. Linux has finally
come of age! Maturing nicely, and is the upcoming OS of choise in a lot
of areas.
  So Fedora Core 3 score-1  Windoze score-0
But this is being written on an XP computer running Thunderbird--so I am
NOT completely weaned off of XP yet--old habits die hard!
My Linux Webserver is running 2.6.9-1.681 kernel nicely.
Yum nightly updates is enabled, and so far the world is all Christmas
Cheer, hackers are kept away, and I have settled on using Fedora Core 3.
(mostly)