Paring Down the Screensavers - RFC

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Fri Feb 20 00:47:33 UTC 2004

I was a little concerned that we're spinning our wheels until Extras is
ready, but a co-worker pointed out that there are really three parts to
be done, two of which can be done now:

1. repackaging
2. changing the default
3. moving one or more packages out of core

1 & 2 can be done now. As for changing the default, Seth Vidal stated
that "No matter what happens, how about having the gnome and kde default
screensaver be 'blank' or 'fedora' instead of 'random'" (
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2003-December/msg00109.html).
I agree.

Another issues brought up by Nathan Fredrickson is the appearance of the
screen-lock window
(https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2003-December/msg00092.html).
It is quite out of step with the rest of Fedora right now. If it can't
be handled with standard Gnome controls, perhaps we should look at a
visual style like the login screen.

Steven Garrity