Bluecurve Window Control Colors

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Thu Jan 8 16:26:51 UTC 2004

Since the bluecurve theme was updated with the new window controls,
they've never quite felt right to me. At first, the smaller size
bothered me, but Garrett addressed these issues and after using it for a
while, the size doesn't really bother me anymore.

It occurred to me the other day that part of what bothers me is the soft
color scheme. They don't look clickable like all other GTK buttons do,
and I think it's because they aren't the matching bluecurve "metal/chrome".

I've done a quick mockup to show the bluecurve window controls as
chrome, rather than the blue-ish versions in there now:
http://actsofvolition.com/images/bluecurve_experiment.png

The trouble is, it's a little more utilitarian looking - though I do
think the controls look more clickable. Thoughts, comments, and
criticism are all encouraged.

Also, for reference, here's a screenshot showing the bluecurve classic,
current bluecurve, and my mockup controls all together:
http://actsofvolition.com/images/bluecurve_windowcontrols_compare.png

Thanks,
Steven Garrity