Bluecurve Window Control Colors

stevelist at silverorange.com stevelist at silverorange.com
Fri Jan 9 02:31:20 UTC 2004

Quoting Trae McCombs <occy at occy.net>:
> Is this where I am supposed to complain that we need to have
> "Bluesquared" as an optional theme? (and completed ;)

Trae,
While what you have here is certainly well executed, I don't think it addresses
the original reasons for the redesign of the Bluecurve window controls. If I may
have a go at paraphrasing, I understand the new controls were intented to
preserve the over-all shape and outline of the window.

Also, your square version of the bluecurve controls still (I think) suffers from
my criticism at the origin of this thread, that the controls don't look as much
like UI elements (chrome/metal) as I think they should.

If anything, I'd like to see more "curve" and less "blue" :-)   I'd love to see
subtle rounded corners on all the currently square controls (buttons, tabs,
pull-downs, etc. Perhaps I'll try to mock that up to see if it's worthwhile.

Steven Garrity