Menu items on Panels?

Maxwell Spangler maxwax at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 13 05:28:21 UTC 2004

I know I can navigate the main menu, find an item and drag it to the panel so
that I can quickly launch that item by clicking on the icon in the panel, but
how about an entire menu item ("directory"?) that has several individual items
in it?

In Redhat 8, I managed to do this and was very happy with it.  I spend my day
running xterms on remote systems, so it's nice to easily click on a small
panel icon, have a menu pop up, and then select an individual item to be
launched.

I believe I set this up in Redhat 8 by making the menus, populating the menus
with items, then dragging the menu to the panel.. So for example, "Remote
Shells" appears next to Applications and Accessories and might contain 10
different launchers for remote shells.  "Remote Shells" would also be an icon
on my top panel with the same 10 launchers.

Is this still possible?  I've been fighting my way through the documentation
I've found, but I do get lost between the standard GNOME documentation for
these things and Redhat/Fedora customizations..

Thanks!

PS. I've just upgraded from Redhat 8.0 to Fedora Core R1 -- Nice work, folks,
I am VERY impressed.

--
Maxwell Spangler