Menu organization: Why do we use the redhat menu?

Kevin Francis kevin at loose-screws.com
Sat Jan 24 07:14:01 UTC 2004

After using Fedora Core since it was in severn beta, I have found only
one real annoyance: the foot menu in GNOME is not the standard GNOME menu.

Why do we use this? It is the hardest menu of either Windows or Linux
that I've had to use -- It takes me ages to locate things, and when I
do, I frequently mis-click. I had no problem at all with the original
GNOME menu, or Windows menus.

Is there some strange technical reason? Or is this just a redhat-ism?

--
Kevin G. Francis
<http://denial.loose-screws.com/>