Screensavers in FC3

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Tue Jul 13 12:20:50 UTC 2004

There was some talk a few months back about trimming down the
screensavers in Fedora Core to a more sane number.

First, there was the issue of 3D screensavers bogging down machines that
couldn't handle them:
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2003-December/msg00088.html

Then, I floated a proposal to pare down the included screensavers:
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2004-February/msg00002.html

Then, Bill Nottingham had my favourite proposal yet for the
screensavers:
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2004-February/msg00006.html

Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:

 > xscreensaver - blank only, core
 > xscreensaver-extras - everything else
 >
 > Simple, clean, avoids flamewars.

Has there been any progress on this? Is it too late to do something for FC3?

Thanks,
Steven Garrity