test plans

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 20:06:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:15:14 -0400, Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to see some more detailed test plans for the Fedora desktop.
> These need not be complicated or long, just a set of basic things we
> want to try out in each of the major apps and in the OS itself.

Is this aimed at other developers, or is this list aimed for testers to run?
I'd very much like to see a set of tasks laid out for community
testers to work through in an organized way... homework assignments
for lack of a better phrase. I've been waiting on the prophetic CMS
system for fedora's website instead going off on my own and starting a
crappy attempt to write a testing guide.  But if this a serious
attempt to codify a set of specific tasks for people to test and
report back failures on, I'm more than willing to help generate things
like office documents if I still don't have access to contributing
webpage text for the guide.

-jef