Screensavers in FC3

Chris Farber ephex at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 19:03:58 UTC 2004

A blank screen is more than enough to suffice for me, in fact I wouldn't
want anything else. However, when I dropped off a computer I built for
my Aunt, she was overly happy when she discovered she could have her
screensaver cycle through some pictures she had. Simple stuff can make
all the difference to new users.

Trimming down the screensavers is only the start, other work needs to be
done like better screensavers. The biggest issue for me, is that I can
be watching a DVD in my fedora installation and then the screensaver
kicks in! The only way to stop it is to disable my screensaver, and
re-enable it when i'm done. For a user, that would be unnacceptable, and
is certaintly annoying me to the point I just reboot if I'm going to
watch a movie or tv show.