Screensavers in FC3

Charles McColm charm at porchlight.ca
Thu Jul 15 12:39:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 12:00, fedora-desktop-list-request at redhat.com
wrote:

> First, there was the issue of 3D screensavers bogging down machines that
> couldn't handle them:

I leave my FC machine running at a computer recycling centre where I
help out and quite a few people have commented positively on them. I
know it's silly, but the screen savers were one of the things that have
helped us direct people away from Windows. It's not the only thing of
course, but I have done a couple of FC installs just because people were
impressed by the fact that they never saw the same screen saver twice.

Those things said, some of the 3D savers probably should go (as well as
some of the regular screen savers). FC does come with a lot of SS.

Cheers,

Chas