Screensavers in FC3

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 06:45:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 05:57, Tom Weeks wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 July 2004 09:52 am, Steven Garrity wrote:
>
> > I agree that a few simple/quality screensavers would be fine to include
> > by default, but if the debate over which should stay will at all delay
> > the removal of all the cruft, I'd say we go to blank-only.
>
> Why not do a default screen savor that provides information such as clickable
> links to the Fedora Core mail lists, on line RH-EL3 manuals or Fedora Docs,
> useful info for newbies and geeks alike.

That kind of subverts the idea of a screensaver that kicks in
automatically after a period of inactivity and vanished as soon as the
user does something, e.g. move the mouse ;-).

I thunk the info you mention would be more suited to be put into the
default home page (file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html). Feel free to
put an RFE into bugzilla.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com