How do i install the Fast Etherlink XL Card Bus (Gmail incentive) i have three invites left

Tom Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Mon Jul 26 02:24:30 UTC 2004

On Friday 23 July 2004 03:32 pm, Jose Moreno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can i get my Fast Etherlink cardbus PC Card to work on my Fedora
> install. 3c575-TX, 32BIT, 10/100 Base-TX

A bit more description of it's behavior would be useful...

To give us more info.. as root, type "tail -f /var/log/messages"
Then plug your card in... and send the output to us.

Quick and dirty that helps a lot of newer laptop owners (at least on FC1 on
2.4 kernel) is to.. from the GRUB boot menu... hit "A" to append the boot
kernel option:
 acpi=on

Then do the same "tail -f ..." trick and see if it's different.

Tweeks
p.s. this (and more) is all covered in our new book:
"Linux Troubleshooting Bible"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/076456997X/