terminal services prototype

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Fri Jun 4 13:48:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 08:43 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 22:59, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
>
> > Doesn't work properly.
> > The first time I logon it works nicely. However, I can't get back to my
> > session once I disconnect.
> >
> > When trying to log in back, GDM simply hangs indefinitely. No CPU cycles
> > are wasted. Nothing seems to happen. I'm using Kerberos V
> > authentication, IPv6 and IPSec.
>
> 	Thanks for trying it out. Very helpful ...
>
> 	If you switch on GDM debugging in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.con:
>
> [debug]
> Enable=true
>
> 	you'll get some horrendous spew in /var/log/messages that we may or may
> not be able to make sense of enough to figure out what the problem is
> :-)
>
> 	When the greeter has finished starting up on the primary display you'll
> see "gdm_slave_wait_for_login: In loop". We'll want everything after
> that which shows the VNC clients connecting.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.

I had similar results but mine came unstuck after a short time. I was
able to create two concurrent sessions and detach and attach at will. I
also had someone running on the real console. This is all pretty sweet.
Coupled with vino, it seems the remote desktop is being taken care of
quite nicely...

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |