terminal services prototype

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Fri Jun 4 15:04:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 09:43, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 22:59, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
>
> > Doesn't work properly.
> > The first time I logon it works nicely. However, I can't get back to my
> > session once I disconnect.
> >
> > When trying to log in back, GDM simply hangs indefinitely. No CPU cycles
> > are wasted. Nothing seems to happen. I'm using Kerberos V
> > authentication, IPv6 and IPSec.
>
> 	Thanks for trying it out. Very helpful ...
>
> 	If you switch on GDM debugging in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.con:
>
> [debug]
> Enable=true

I can confirm that when debug is disabled, I experience the hangs I just
described. However, enabling debugging makes it work flawlessly. I
checked this when installing the modified gdm* and vnc* packages on a
clean FC2 system: while trying to log back onto a remote session, gdm
hung. However, setting debug to true fixes the problem.

Curious, isn't it?