access to fedora logos and images

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Sat Jun 19 11:15:41 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 01:18, Matt Hansen wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 08:59, Bart Kalita wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 22:50, Steven Garrity wrote:
> > > Bart Kalita wrote:
> > >  > Can anybody point me in a direction of Fedora Core 2 logos?
> > >
> > > I think you'll find what you're looking for here:
> > > http://people.redhat.com/glesage/artwork/
> > >
> > > Note to RedHat people: I understand Garrett isn't at RedHat anymore, but
> > > can you make sure this stays up anyhow?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steven Garrity
> > >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > but.... I've already got them, I am still in search of that elusive logo
> > though :)
>
> Bart, I believe you're after
> file:///usr/share/pixmaps/splash/gnome-splash.png from the fedora-logos
> package? However, according to the COPYING file, I don't think you're
> allowed to modify the image in any way as stated in condition number 2:
>     "2. You do not modify the appearance of any or all of
>      the Logos in any manner; and"
> But IANAL, so I could be wrong. :D
>
> Regards,
> Matt

Is there anybody who could clarify that point for me??

I've made few wallpapers incorporating Fedora Core Logo

http://astradine.bart-domain.com/Linux_wallpaper.rar

they are horrid at best since I have no access to good quality logos and
making them from scratch seems a bit silly.

Now I do not know if I'm supposed to be looking for a good layer or
continue digging through RPMS in search of more images.

At the end of the day all I want is to "advertise" Fedora Core with no
financial gain and since there are no official wallpapers I thought that
my little "hobby" won't bother anyone.

Hope I was not wrong and that there is a place or a person who has those
images and is willing to share.

Bart Kalita  MCP

Registered Linux user #347493	Fedora Core 2

www.bart-domain.com	www.astradine.no-ip.org