Core 2 test 3 display problem

Michael Knepher limbo at bluethingy.com
Fri May 7 17:06:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 09:53 -0600, mace wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed core2 test 3.  The system defaults to 640x480 for
> the screen resolution.  I have tried changing it, reboot, and it stays
> at 640.  When I go back into display, it shows the changed in
> resolution.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.  Under
> preferences for display it only shows 640x480.

Open /etc/X11/xorg.conf, go to the Monitor section and see if the
horizontal and vertical refresh lines are commented out. If the values
in the commented lines are correct for your monitor, uncomment them.
Then check the Screen section and see if you need to add the resolution
settings you want to the Modes lines.