Bluecurve Thunderbird theme

Sindre Pedersen Bjordal foolish at guezz.net
Tue May 4 14:32:38 UTC 2004

tir, 04.05.2004 kl. 06.38 skrev Link Dupont:
> Hello Fedora fans,
> I've noticed Garrett's screenshot of Mozilla Thunderbird, and I'm
> wondering of there's ever been any movement to make a Bluecurve theme
> for Thunderbird. I believe there's been some discussion on making a
> Bluecurve Firefox theme, and I think it'd be cool to have a
> complimenting Thunderbird theme too. Sound like a nice idea?
> --
> Link Dupont <link at subpop.net>

Very good idea, I think we should have everything in Bluecurve if
possible, and its should be so by default. Making the desktop consistent
is important, and it really does give the user a feel of a polished
distro. However I think the applications that are part of the distro
should get themed first.

I notice how openoffice.org has received some Bluecurve love in core 2,
which is really great. It feels like part of the desktop now.

Getting Mozilla a Bluecurve theme is long over due. Actually one already
exists, and I can't understand why we don't have the wonderful Mozilla
Bluecurve theme, mozcurveblue, by Gavindi, in Fedora by default yet. I
know he would like to see it in there. See
http://users.bigpond.net.au/gavindi/

The default Mozilla theme looks very old, and doesn't integrate very
well with the rest of the desktop, making Mozilla seem like some app
just thrown in there, and not part of the otherwise excellent user
experience.