Re: Performance tuning the Fedora Desktop

> 1) Clicking on the Nautilus desktop menu to open a terminal results in a
> noticeable delay before the window has appeared on the screen.  For such
> a simple application it should be instantaneous (my rig is a 2,.4GHz
> Athlon with 767MB RAM).

Maybe a bit off-topic, but the lack of launch feedback when opening a
terminal via the desktop pop-up menu (as opposed as using System Tools
-> Terminal) can make it *appear* even slower, or even broken. And the
same thing for folders opened by nautilus: no launch feed-back makes it
feel broken sometimes...

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>