XFce category

Ed Mack lists at edmack.com
Fri May 14 08:50:31 UTC 2004

> I wonder if it is possible a subsection or category to fedora installer,
> where we can shoose to install XFce (like KDE or GNOME)

I don't really like this idea, as many users still stumble on KDE or
Gnome (giving a screenshot of the default config for each would help
them a bit) choice, I don't think more is the answer. I like Xfce, and I
think that it should be in the apt/yum repositories as an option, but on
that interested users must decide themselves as Xfce is really that
great for beginners (take the file manager as an example), whereas KDE
and Gnome bring the whole system together more cohesivly