Re: FC2: gnome-terminal takes much longer to startup than Mozilla

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 07:14:42PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2004, Colin Walters wrote:
>
> > My suspicion is that you have something crazy in your shell init files
> > (e.g. ~/.bashrc).
>
> ...or there's something wrong with DNS - all Gnome (and KDE for that
> matter) applications take AGES to start if DNS is failing.

Forgot to mention that I did the test immediately after a fresh install
so if there is something crazy in the shell init files, it wasn't added
by me

DNS works since I can browse the web using Mozilla

During install, I enabled the firewall and allowed ssh in

Regards, /yg