"Professionalism"

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Nov 11 15:34:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:58:31PM +0000, chapmanccc at juno.com wrote:
> This brings me to my point.  I was rather disappointed with the content in
> the "WebCollage" and "Barcode" screensavers. These screensavers have since
> been manually removed from my system, but I would have preferred them not

WebCollage doesn't have any content. It gets it from this thing called "the
Internet". If you look at its documentation, it even tells you that. What's
more, it's there but not enabled by default.

I'm not sure what particular word has offended you in Barcode, but it's
basically picking from a random dictionary. And, if you look at the source
RPM, you'll find a patch which removes several words referring to parts of
the human body some people find embarrassing. I looked at the remaining
list, and am perplexed as to what you are offended by. "Gerbils", perhaps?