Serial ATA Supprt

Moreshwar Salpekar moreshwars at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:30:25 UTC 2004

Dear All,
I am new to this group. I just got a PC with motherboard Intel 915GAV. It
has two Serial ATA Hard disks one of 120GB with WinXP and other 80GB I want
to use for Fedora. I want to know what core of Fedore I should go for. I got
Fedora Core 1 but it is unable to detect my hard drives. Will Fedora Core 2
Help?
I read somewhere that Linux Kernel 2.6.x supports Serial ATA but Fedora docs
mention nowhere on Serial ATA support is it there in fedora? If not where do
I get Serial ATA driver? I looked at Seagate site (both my hard drives are
Seagate) but nothing there on Serial ATA driver for Linux?

I want to install Fedora asap.

Regards
Moreshwar