"Professionalism" syntax

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Fri Nov 12 15:47:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 10:43 -0500, Aaron Bennett wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
>

> >Maybe the screensaver should be patched to use /usr/share/dict/words instead
> >of its own little idiosyncratic list.
> >

> /usr/share/dict/works contains the following unprofessional words:
>
> erection
> atheism
> sex
> sexed
> sexes
> sexual
> sexuality
> screw
What is wrong with a screw? I am fairly certain builds are screwing
things all the time, be it would, metal, I suppose they use bolts more
then screws on cement...

How is a screw in any way a dirty word?

Oh!!! You had sex on the mind? Is that our fault?
> breast
> fornication
>
> etc etc...
>
> what we actually need is a "Department of Fedora Professionalism" board
> that could censor^H^H^H^H^H^H review all words contained anywhere in the
> distribution to avoid offending anyone...
>
> either that or people could grow up. :-)

Oh thank god for that...

This just gets silly, you know?
--
Douglas Furlong