"Professionalism" syntax

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Wed Nov 24 14:49:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 14:11 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > Guess what, I bet everyone there thought it was funny and silly. But not
> > > offensive. Eric obviously wasn't too worried about it.
> > I'd expect Erik would be more concerned about spelling his name
> > right in this thread. :)
>
> Hmmm. Maybe the barcode screensaver should be patched to be a credits list
> rather than random words. :)

If ya'll want changes, best to submit this upstream to jwz

(who will just laugh at you)

And no, this isn't singling Matt out, its the entire thread in general.
As Seth keeps on saying, some word is offensive at some time to someone.
Let's not get overly emotional - we do want things to be "professional",
but let's not take out the "fun" out of Linux too

This isn't the first time a screensaver related thread has come out
(read the glorious archives). Maybe we should find a fix for FC4 -
default is blank, xscreensaver-extras gets everything else
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi