GNOME Menu Editing

Paul Vandenberg p.vandenberg at personainternet.com
Thu Sep 9 00:20:06 UTC 2004

> On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 13:11 -0400, Paul Vandenberg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if GNOME menu editing will be enabled in FC3? I
>> am
>> really getting tired of editing .desktop files.
>
> It doesn't look like it, and it seems to be a low priority for the
> GNOME
> folks. I'm surprised some enterprising hacker hasn't put together a
> front-end for manipulating the xml menu files. It shouldn't take much
> more than spit and baling wire ...
>

> --

As far as I know, it was Red Hat that disabled it, not GNOME. In fact,
I read that the menu editing was improved in the upcoming GNOME 2.8. I
was hoping that this would make Red Hat (Fedora) turn it back on
again. It is frustrating that repeated calls for menu editing are
falling on deaf ears! If Mandrake wasn't a GNOME release behind, I
would consider switching.

Paul