Missing icons

Nils Breunese breun at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 27 08:40:33 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm running KDE 3.2.2 on Fedora Core 2 and have a problem with my menu
items. When I first installed Fedora everything had its icon just in the
right place, but after some upgrading I don't have any icons for
openoffice.org (I reinstalled, but to no avail), KEdit and KWrite are no
longer under Editors, etc. etc.

This is only true for my user account, when I log in to X as root, the
menu is fine.

I already googled around and found that menu items for all users are
stored in /usr/share/applications(/kde)/ and that user specific items
are stored in ~/.kde/share/applnk/, but somehow it seems like there are
some more locations/factors in play, because I still can't seem to find
the openoffice.org items.

Is there maybe a way to have (all) your rpm's recreate the icons they
create at install time? I know I can manually add items, but I would
really like to just have the default items created by the rpm's.

Nils Breunese.
--
"I got a funny feeling they got plastic in the afterlife" - Beck