Centering of the screen on the monitor.

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sun Apr 17 17:46:54 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 19:52 -0700, Dan Barnes wrote:
> I have a problem with the screen not being centered
> on the monitor.
>
> The system is booted with Windows XP Pro, Red Hat 9
> and
> Fedora Core 3.
>
> The screen is in the center of the monitor for
> Windows XP Pro and Red Hat 9.
>
> The screen is not in the center of the monitor for
> Fedora Core 3.  The screen is against the right side
> of the monitor.
>
> Has anyone had this problem?  How did you fix it?

Depending on how far the screen is off center, the solution is usually
just to use the monitor controls to move it back into place.

But won't that mess things up for XP? Most likely not ...
modern monitors usually store multiple remembered monitor settings
for different refresh rates. The fact that the image is off-center
in FC3 but OK in Windows probably means that the FC3 refresh
rate is different than that for XP.

If the screen is so far off-center that you can't fix it up with the
monitor controls, then something else is going on.

Regards,
						Owen