Can't connect to internet though Link is up

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Apr 3 13:44:23 UTC 2005

Parameshwara Bhat said the following on 03/04/2005 14:07:

> ellao All,
>
> This is not exactly a Fedora issue.But knowledgeable on linux can help
> me.
>
> I was trying a Live CD distro.I could set my ADSL connection on it
> fine.I  can see with 'ifconfig' the link 'ppp0' and can ping to both
> local and  remote IPs listed there.'pppd' is constantly running.
>
> But I can't connect to internet,even as root.I have checked through
> pppd  options and removed any settings that looked suspicious(rolled
> back). What  is standing between browser and kernel(network route)?
> How can I know?
>
> Could somebody suggest how I should proceed checking further ?
>
> Regards,
> Parameshwara Bhat

How did you set DNS???

--
Antonio Montagnani

Mail by Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 Websurfing by Mozilla Firefox 1.0
http://start.mozilla.org/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:it-IT:official
Posta con Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 Navigazione con Mozilla Firefox 1.0
http://start.mozilla.org/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:it-IT:official