Changes to firefox FC3

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Sun Apr 10 06:32:14 UTC 2005

David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 14:25 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
>
>>I was just diagnosing an issue with JavaScript versions for my
>>university studies and noted that the version of JavaScript changed from
>>the initial release of FC3 with the first update to firefox.
>

> When updating packages in Fedora, we usually bump to latest upstream
> version instead of back-porting fixes. So, yes, this is probably
> intentional. More information here
>
>  http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html

Reading the version numbers mentioned in the original mail in
the thread, it would appear that the oldest firefox rpm mentioned
contains the newest Javascript (1.5) and newer versions contain
older Javascript (1.4).   Sounds like a downgrade to me rather
than an upgrade.

I just noticed that and thought I'd point it out in case others
saw it the other way around, which seems the case from other
comments in the thread...