kde menu entries

Jozef Kruger jozefkruger at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:27:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm just new to this list, I searched the archive for similar postings, but
didn't find anything.
I've been using kde for a couple of years now, first from redhat
distributions and later fedora. Currently I'm using fedora core 4.

My questions is about the K menu in FC4. I find it very cluttered and
overfull.
For instance, to change a setting of some kind, you have to look in:
Preferences, system settings, system tools or Control center.

I think, although I realise matters like this one are very subjective to
personal taste, that this should be made more clear.
A start would be to group all programs into a less number of main
categories: Applications and Settings for example. In there you could make a
more subtle separation.

Bottom line of this posting is, is there anyone or a group actively involved
in this stuff? I'd like to help a little if I could.

thanks!
Jozef Kruger

ps. i'm also a compiler designer, so if need be I could help out with more
than just ideas