request two icons for Bluecurve

Ovidiu Lixandru ovidiu at linux360.ro
Thu Dec 8 08:29:04 UTC 2005

Nicu Buculei wrote:

> When talking about a theme we talk in fact about two components: window
> decorations and icons.

Agreed.

> Clearlooks is the default GNOME theme and is derived from Bluecurve, but
> it only cover widgets, not icons.

There was a default theme for GNOME when Bluecurve appeared, too.

> As for icon themes, IMO both Bluecurve and Industrial looks aged
> (Bluecurve was intoduced in RHL 8, this was more than 3 years ago)

Perhaps, but I prefer an aged but complet set, to a mixture of visual
components that fit like crap. GNOME with an upstream widgets theme and
BC icons, KDE still on full BC, a creepy wallpaper made by God-knows-who
and so on.
If Fedora keeps mixing, nothing good will come out. You may look to any
major distro and see that they either stick to upstream (Debian,
Gentoo), or create/maintain a complete visual appearance for their
desktop (Ubuntu, Mandriva, SUSE, Novell, etc).

--
Ovidiu Lixandru
linux360