Fedora Icons/Themes vs RedHat's

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Fri Dec 9 20:02:10 UTC 2005

Hi,
First off, thanks to all those that work on the desktop, themes, icons,
and general look.  I know it's alot of work, and most people don't
realize how detail oriented it is.  So you have my thanks, everyone
who's helped with the look of Fedora.

Now for my question.

Does RedHat have an official desktop team?  Some team that develops
their graphics, themes, look and feel?  Or is RedHat dependant on what
Fedora turns out?

One reason I ask this, is because back around the time that Garrett was
leaving, I thought that RedHat hired several people, a whole team, to do
what he did.  (Granted, a team can be just 2 people)  What happened to
those people?

The other reason I ask this, is because I'm curious if we contribute
various graphics, if those graphics will be eventually show up in RHEL,
or if RedHat will strip them out putting in their own graphics.

Thanks
Troy Dawson