Fedora Icons/Themes vs RedHat's

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 22:57:49 UTC 2005

Diana Fong our Visual Designer took over for Garrett.  The "official"
theme for RHEL is BlueCurve which is under the GPL and packaged in
redhat-artwork (which I am the maintainer).  Artists in Fedora can
submit icons to be added if they wish or fork the icon set.  There may
be legal considerations to think about also like the use of trademarked
graphics even if you created the graphics yourself.  If you make a
graphic and it is accepted for BlueCurve it will show up in RHEL unless
we move to another icon theme of course (which would also be part of
Fedora if we ever did that).  It is hard enough maintaining one icon
set.  If we need special icons that couldn't be part of Fedora, they
would be put into redhat-logos.