Fedora will not display remote X

I have a Fedora 1 system I've just set up.

I cannot seem to get the system to allow display of remote X apps on Fedora host.

I have firewall turned off, try setting "xhost +" to allow all connections, but any attempt to run remote application is denied. I can ping fedora host, or ssh into it from remote.

If I ssh to the remote host, then applications run fine through the ssh tunnel.

I am new to Linux administration, am I missing something simple here?