FC3, GNOME question

Chris Gramer cgramer at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 21 07:19:49 UTC 2005

Hello!

I recently installed Fedora Core 3 and set up the system with nary a
glitch and logged in using my regular account under GNOME.  After
installing, I used up2date to update all my packages.  I then logged
out, choosing "Save Current Settings."  When I restarted and tried to
log back in using my regular account and GNOME, after entering my
password it would show the splash screen briefly, show that it was
blank blue screen.  (The FC3 BSOD?)  I was able to Ctrl-Alt-Del to
access the logout/shutdown dialog and log out, and could then log into
the system using my regular account under KDE without problems.  I can
also log in using GNOME or KDE as root.  Any ideas what could be going
on?  Any hardware info you need?  Just in case:

Running a 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4, 1 GB of DDR400 RAM
Western Digital 160 GB SATA hard drive, Linux on a 60 GB partition, XP
Pro on the 100 GB partition
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (recognized by Linux initially as a Radeon 9800)

Happy to provide any other info...

Thanks in advance!!

--
  Chris Gramer