(experimental) automatic sound mixing

Ismael Juma mlists at juma.me.uk
Fri Jan 7 07:28:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have installed the packages from your repository in my Fedora Core 3
installation (I had to rebuild dbus from the src.rpm though). From my
initial testing, it works very well. I can get sound simultaneously from
multiple applications (including from artsd, which is not one of the
best behaved apps when using Alsa). I also tested recording multiple
streams (using arecord) while Rhythmbox was playing and that also worked
without any problems.

Even though this worked before by putting an .asoundrc in my home
directory, it is great to see it work automatically without any text
file manipulation from the user. I'm sure this will be very helpful to
people who are new to Linux when FC4 comes out (note that I said when as
opposed to if ;)).

Thanks. 8)

Regards,
Ismael