gnome 2.10, fc4 and drop-shadows

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Jan 15 23:04:03 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 09:35 +0200, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> With FC4 which includes gnome 2.10, are there any plans to enable drop-
> shadows by default with x.org extensions? (not cpu-intensive)

We're still at a pretty experimental stage with this stuff. I don't
know if anything will be there for FC4... but I will promise that
when we start taking advantage of the X COMPOSITE extension we'll do a
lot more interesting things with it than drop shadows :-)

I hope to get some pages on the Fedora wiki within the next few weeks
about the graphics projects we're working on it.

Regards,
					Owen