NVIDIA graphic drivers

kristabs at os.lv kristabs at os.lv
Wed Jan 26 22:08:37 UTC 2005

Hello! I just about week ago installed my first GNU/Linux operating system and
it was Feodora Core 3. I am glad i chose this one, everything is working
properly and i have installed every application i needed, but only one thing
left - Graphic drivers.
*My graphic card - NVIDIA GeeForce MX 4000 64 MB
I tried NVIDIA drivers i found on www.nvidia.com and it didn`t work out. I
downloaded NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run and quited X desktop and run
VIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run with sh command from bash with parameter
kernel name and it started to install but i received error and when i booted X
desktop and tried to run application that need graphical accelerate i recieved
an error -  Couldn't initialize video: Couldn't find matching GLX visual. I
can`t find out a different way to install a drivers for my graphic card. Sorry
if this is lame, but i just started to use GNU/Linux and i am newb still at this
moment in
Linux.