Is printing a desktop issue?

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Jan 28 10:03:59 UTC 2005

tony wrote:

>Printing in FC3 is in considerable worse state than in FC1.
>
>Eggcups is well named because it is as fragile as eggs... How does one
>cancel a print job. Right click cancel = application crash.
>
>A new "feature" of my Epson stylus photo 1290 is not printing to the end
>of job.
>
>Printer sharing is on but the printer remains invisible to my Mac and W
>XP Pro computers.
>
>Where should I take these issues?
>
>Cheers
>
>Tony Grant

To share to the Mac with Linux, you may share it with CUPS and Mac (as
long as it is OS X) should pick it up. As for Windows, you will have to
share it as an SMB share, otherwise Windows will remain blind to it. To
share it like that, you will need the samba packages and just configure
it... I'd suggest gnomba or swat to properly configure the printer, you
can then use system-config-samba to configure shares if you want.