Is printing a desktop issue?

tony tony at tgds.net
Fri Jan 28 10:19:50 UTC 2005

Le vendredi 28 janvier 2005 à 04:03 -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu a écrit :

> >Printer sharing is on but the printer remains invisible to my Mac and W
> >XP Pro computers.
> To share to the Mac with Linux, you may share it with CUPS and Mac (as
> long as it is OS X) should pick it up.

Well it doesn't see the printer I'm afraid

> As for Windows, you will have to
> share it as an SMB share, otherwise Windows will remain blind to it. To
> share it like that, you will need the samba packages and just configure
> it... I'd suggest gnomba or swat to properly configure the printer, you
> can then use system-config-samba to configure shares if you want.

printers are shared to everyone

I had to do a lot of hacking to get the samba share to work in FC1 but
after it just worked. Do I have to jump through the same hoops for FC3?
Which version of Fedora will have correct configuration for printer
sharing to W machines? It seems to be quite a common use for FC
machines.

Cheers

Tony