Is printing a desktop issue?

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Jan 28 11:03:20 UTC 2005

tony wrote:

>Well it doesn't see the printer I'm afraid
>

> printers are shared to everyone
>
>I had to do a lot of hacking to get the samba share to work in FC1 but
>after it just worked. Do I have to jump through the same hoops for FC3?
>Which version of Fedora will have correct configuration for printer
>sharing to W machines? It seems to be quite a common use for FC
>machines.
>
>Cheers
>
>Tony

Now that is very good question... currently the system-config-samba
program lacks a LOT of samba functionality. You have to use SWAT to
properly configure samba on any situation. For the CUPS problem, how is
your firewall set? You will need to open ports 631 (printer) and 515
(spooler) both TCP and UDP and you may need to manually add the printer
in MacOSX