No epiphany icon in FC4 -- and it won't take one --

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 17 19:02:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:19:45 +0200, Peter Backlund wrote:
[....]
> I'm not sure I follow...from the beginning:
>
> 1. Do you have an Epiphany icon (launcher) in the main menu under
> Internet (you should, if epiphany is installed in FC4)?

     No, despite the fact Epiphany is installed and I use it with no
trouble, daily.

> 2. Are you able to add it to the panel by dragging it from the main
> menu?

    Yes. And also to the drawer from there.

> 3. If yes on 1 and 2, what is the problem? If no, you've likely hit an
> upgrade bug in the Gnome settings.

I do now have the icon in the drawer where I put the launcher, after
adding it to the panel -- where it appeared as an orange question mark,
with an error box about no icon being where FC4 seems to expect it, among
48x48 gnome icons.

When I then move that orange question mark into the drawer, I get the
error box again, and an orange question mark in the drawer.

When I right-click on the question mark and then click on properties, the
properties box shows only a little box showing "No icon."

When I click on the "no icon" box, I get a display, not of the gnome
icons, but of the collection in /usr/share/pixmaps -- which does contain
ine that looks to be epiphany.png.

When I then click on that epiphany icon, and then on OK, it goes onto the
little icon box in the properties box -- and into the drawer, even before
I click OK in the Properties box. I then have two epiphany icons in the
drawer.

And there is still no icon next to Epiphany in the Internet menu off the
Main Menu.

Does that clarify anything? It doesn't seem to be one of the possibilities
that you expected (and that anyone naturally would).

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC4, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;