FC2 grub defaults to oldest kernel

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 8 20:13:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:07:52 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 11:19:31AM -0500, beartooth wrote:
>> My past experience has been that grub automatically makes each new kernel
>> the default boot; but on my FC2 machine the default is the oldest one. Is
>> there a reason for this? Or should I fix it? And if so, how?
>
> This is addressed in FC3 -- look at /etc/sysconfig/kernel.

I tried FC3, weeks ago -- and didn't like it. Iirc that tale of woe was
here; anyway, I'm not about to try again for another year or two. And
during that time I'll stick to FC2 -- if not go back to FC1. So what
should I do with FC2??

--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1 & YDL 4.0