FC2 grub defaults to oldest kernel

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 10 20:14:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:07:26 +0100, Nils Breunese wrote:

>> > If you don't mind a little file editing, you can change the default in
>> > your /etc/grub.conf
>>
>> OK, the first line not commented out says "default=2" Does that mean it
>> will always be the second one down the list of however many, or something
>> else? Can I simply change the 2 to a 1?
>
> It means it will always be the third down the list of however many. The
> count starts at 0.

Aha. I couldn't tell whether it was a sneakin' hunch or a faint memory,
but I had a distinct intimation of some sort of lurking gotcha there
somewhere. So if I want FC2 to behave as I'm accustomed to things redhat
doing, I should just change the 2 to a zero -- right? That's it?

--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1&2, YDL4